Lilycroft Primary School provides a happy, safe, caring and stimulating environment in which the children are engaged, motivated to learn and experience the joy of a ‘broad and balanced curriculum’ in an environment where it is safe to experiment and overcome setbacks.
We aim for our pupils to acquire the skills and knowledge to prepare them for life-long learning and to develop an understanding of how they can positively contribute to their community and society. Partnerships between children, staff, parents and our community contribute to our ethos which underpins the principles and practices at Lilycroft.
Develop our children as learners (ambitious, independent)
We strive to ensure that our children’s attainment in core and curriculum subjects is in line with or exceeding their potential when we consider the varied starting points of children. We measure this carefully using a range of materials, but always considering Age Related Expectations. We intend that the impact is that children will be academically and physically prepared for life in secondary school and in Modern Britain and the world.
Develop the character of our children (tolerant, responsible)
The impact will be that our learners will have fully rounded characters with a clear understanding of complex values like equality, friendship, trust and many others. Only by really learning what these mean, will our learners be able to develop a character that prepares them for living in the community demonstrating tolerance and equality. We measure this not just by the work our children produce, but in the behaviours we see each and every day in all learners on the playground, in corridors and in the many roles we give them. The impact of this intention is seen in the daily interaction of all members of our community, including staff and children.
Develop behaviours and habits to become effective learners (co-operative, resilient)
The impact we intend to achieve by developing this intention is seen by how the children approach challenges every day. This could be on the playground, in a game or disagreement, or in class in a complex learning challenge. The impact should be that children don’t give up, are highly motivated to succeed and achieve and are equipped with all the personal skills to do this.
Develop the moral compass of our children (empathetic, honest)
Our learners will be motivated by a strong personal sense of morality. They will make decisions for the right reasons and in the best interests of their community. They will be able to decide what is right and what is wrong, and will be resilient to the influence of others. They will go out into the world and make a difference in their own life and to others. Our learners will be the owners of their own destinies.
Our aim is:
- To have high expectations of children both academically and socially, so promoting high attainment, positive expectations and attitudes.
- To provide a caring and supportive environment, developing lively minds by stimulating interest and curiosity.
- To enable children to discover their culture and the world around them. To appreciate and be prepared for the ever-changing world in which they live and for which they will eventually become responsible.
- To foster a sense of self-respect and respect towards others by following our Behaviour Policy.
- To provide an inclusive environment, which gives each child equal opportunity regardless of background, gender, identity, ethnicity or disability and to stand against all forms of discrimination in an atmosphere of mutual respect.
- To deliver the National Curriculum and where appropriate to the needs and talents of our pupils to go beyond it. By providing a cohesive curriculum of breadth and depth which focuses on a core of Oracy, Reading, English, Maths and Science enhanced by the richness and variety of the foundation subjects.
- To strive for each and every pupil to achieve their potential.
- To develop strong partnerships both within and outside of the school and encourage the involvement of parents/carers and a range of stakeholders in their child’s education so that ‘Together we can make a difference’.
- To promote learning, social and leisure opportunities within school and develop links to those available in the area to promote an interest in learning outside the classroom.
- To foster a pride and appreciation of all children’s achievements.
Valuing individuality & celebrating creativity
Lilycroft Primary School
Work hard, stay safe, be kind
Get in touch
Lilycroft Road, Manningham
Bradford, West Yorkshire BD9 5AD
Executive Headteacher: Mathew Atkinson
Head of School: Leah Florence
SENDCo: Aleksandra Atanaskovic