Our School Council is made up of representatives from both Key Stage 1 and 2, elected by their class peers. These children represent the views of all the pupils and consider ways to improve our school.
We hold meetings every two weeks; our vision is to be able to have a voice and contribute towards the continuous improvement of our school community.
The aim of our School Council is to:
- give pupils an opportunity to let the adults know their feelings and opinions about things that affect them.
- let pupils have a say in decisions and to play an active role in making their school a better place for everyone.
The role of the School Councillor is to listen:
- to the views of their class and represent these ideas and views, during school council meetings.
- feedback key issues from these meetings to their class.
We also have three Student Ambassadors from Key Stage 2, which were elected by the School Council. All the candidates had to give a presentation to demonstrate their leadership skills. Their role is to represent the school, give school tours and provide information about school when needed.
Mrs Patel is the adult representative and leads the group, with the School Council secretary who takes the minutes of each meeting. The minutes are then displayed on our notice board for everyone to read.
So far we have discussed:
- the roles and responsibilities of a School Councillor
- fund-raising ideas, for more playground equipment
- ideas on how to be more Eco friendly
- how to stop food waste at lunch time
Our School councillors, KS1 and KS2
Our school councillors at work
Lilycroft Primary School
Work hard, stay safe, be kind
Get in touch
Lilycroft Road, Manningham,
Bradford, West Yorkshire BD9 5AD
Executive Headteacher: Mathew Atkinson
Head of School: Leah Florence
SENDCo: Aleksandra Atanaskovic